Top 15 Foods for Type 1 and Type 2 DIABETES
Diabetes is a chronic disease that arises when the pancreas is not capable of producing insulin. This is where your blood sugar or glucose levels are higher than usual. It is a critical disease that happens to anyone in their body, and there emerges even more big problem in managing the amount of sugar dissolved in your bloodstream correctly. Here in this blog, we will make you dive deep into the subject of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
If you have type 1 diabetes, your pancreas does not generate enough insulin, which is an imperative hormone that carries sugar from your blood to your cells.
Type 1 diabetes is a situation in which your immune system smashes insulin-producing cells located in pancreas.
● It needs lifelong treatment once it gets enlarged. The body does not create enough insulin, and blood glucose levels remain high unless a person take steps to control high blood sugar.
● Although type 1 diabetes usually seems through childhood or adolescence, it can evolve in adults.
If you have type 2 diabetes, your body produces insulin, but your cells are resistant to it. These are called insulin resistance.
Type 2 diabetes is a long-lasting disease that stays in your body from using insulin the method it should. Most type 2 diabetes appeared from obesity.
● It occurs over time and involves problems getting enough sugar (glucose) into the cells of the body.
● There’s no medication for type 2 diabetes, but eating well, losing weight, and exercising can aid in controlling the disease.
To manage or control the blood sugar levels of diabetes person, many foods are to be eaten and avoided, or even both.
Eating certain foods while limiting others can assist people with diabetes to organize their blood sugar levels. Diabetes is when your blood sugar or glucose levels are higher than average.
15 Best Foods for Diabetics, both Type 1 and Type 2.
Cinnamon is an aromatic spice derived from the bark of various species of Cinnamomum trees. For diabetes, cinnamon is good. After some research, we found that cinnamon cut blood sugar levels by 24% and cholesterol by 18%.
Turmeric is the common name for the root Curcuma longa. Adding turmeric to your diet can assist you in keeping a healthy weight and ignore the difficulty of diabetes.
Risks and warnings
If you have type 2 diabetes, you may be capable of handling your condition through exercise alone and diet. People with diabetes, instead they are type 1 or type 2, must also take insulin medication.
For diabetes patients, it is significant to consume hard-boiled eggs as a handy high protein snack. People who have type 2 diabetes eating eggs daily see amazing results because it is a high protein diet that controls your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
It is mainly beneficial for type 2 diabetes patients and it helps those who have diabetes manage their blood glucose levels.
5) Walnuts, flax seeds, and other nuts and seeds:-
Walnuts also contain alpha-linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid that boosts heart health and lowers cholesterol.
Garlic is a popular herb used in dishes all over the world and has connected to several impressive health advantages. Garlic may also lower the incidence of heart conditions, which influence 80% of diabetes patients, and atherosclerosis-related inflammation, the risk of which increases in people with diabetes.
It gives tiny calories and is a source of fiber, all of which create it a fantastic food for people with diabetics. The fiber found in plant-based diets slows the rise in our blood sugar level.
These seeds are a good source of insoluble fiber. When it used in a merger with regular exercise and a low cholesterol diet, flaxseed can assist control cholesterol levels. It might also help control diabetes and reduce the issues of heart disease.
Strawberries are lower in calories. So one cup of strawberries contains about as much vitamin C as one cup of orange juice. So it’s a must intake!
10) Apple Cider Vinegar:-
It is a low risk addition that accommodates acetic acid that may slow down the changes of complex carbs into the bloodstream. As a result, this process prevents blood sugar level spikes.
Guava is very rich in dietary fiber, which assists in reducing constipation and may cut down the likelihood of developing type-2 diabetes. It is also high in vitamin A and vitamin C.
12) Green leafy vegetables:-
It improves levels of cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. Plants are bursting with nutrition, but they are just part of managing a lifestyle with diabetes.
However, a healthy, balanced diet rich in foods that can keep blood sugar, insulin, and inflammation in check can dramatically reduce the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
13) Jamun leaves:-
It is an exclusive use in the treatment of diabetics and keeps the blood sugar level under control. Diabetics patients eating Jamun daily, eventually increases insulin activity and sensitivity.
Most experts also suggest eating amla would decrease the blood glucose levels. It is the best remedy for diabetic patients.
15) Brown rice:-
Brown rice is a healthy addition to a balanced diet, even if you have diabetes. Dietary experts say switching to brown rice can assist in minimizing the problems of people developing diabetes and also helps to better digestion. These are essential for helping to fight diabetes.
Good Carbs for Diabetics
Choosing healthy and good carbs for diabetics can help you manage blood sugar and give plenty of energy. Carbohydrates are an essential part of the best meals for diabetics.
● Legumes, such as beans and peas
● Whole grains
● Low-fat dairy products, such as milk and cheese
The Best diet for diabetics
Controlling diabetics from day-to-day is up to you.
- You must avoid sugar at any cost
- You will need special diabetic meals.
- Reduce juice, soft drinks, and soda.
- High protein diet is better.
- Always eat Roasted Vegetables, carb veggies, like mushrooms, onions, etc.
- Avoid bleached and refined carbohydrates, such as pasta and white bread, and instead choose some of the following grains: Wheat, wild rice, and many more.
- The best choices are fresh, frozen fruits and vegetables without added sugar such as Apple, pear, plum, carrot, mushrooms, orange, etc.
- Avoid heavy dairy products and animal proteins such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, butter, and bacon.
Managing your diabetes diet plan will generate lots of benefits too. It recommends moderate amounts of fruits, vegetables, which is likely to decrease the problems and certain kinds of diseases.
Best Meals for Diabetics
All healthy diabetes meal plans involve:
● Limit processed sugars and red meat.
● A lot of vegetables.
● Plan meals to increase ingredient use, such as by having roasted chicken one day and chicken soup the next.
Diabetics diet food list.
Fruit and veg are naturally low in calories and packed full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. A diabetes diet means eating moderate amounts of healthy foods and sustaining meals.
1) Apple:- Apples are an excellent fruit to include in your diet if you have diabetes. Most of the sugar in an apple is in the pattern of naturally occurring fructose, though, and this may have a distinct effect on the body than other sugars.
Altogether, apples may have a comparatively low effect on the insulin and blood sugar amount in the body.
2) Pears:- Pears also have a low glycemic index so that they won’t raise your blood glucose too quickly. Pears also contain antioxidants, fructose, and sorbitol. Pears and many other fruits are low on the glycemic index.
3) Almonds:- Diabetics is also cured by eating soaked almonds early in the morning.
4) Whole grain:- Diabetics should choose whole grains over other starchy foods because whole grains are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Nutrients and fiber content in whole grains help reduce our body’s level of inflammation, which is strongly associated with type 2 diabetes.
Whole grains are good sources of fiber, which can assist slow the immersion of glucose into the blood – and also packed with fiber, which can help lower your cholesterol and lower your heart disease problems.
5) Tomato juice:- Tomato juice with salt and pepper on an empty stomach every morning also helps in controlling diabetes.
6) Milk: This merger of carbohydrate and protein assists to keep up the sugar level control. Two cups of milk daily can be a perfect option.
Diabetic Diet Chart and Diabetes Diet Menu
|Early Morning (6:00 – 7:00 AM)||Tea / Coffee|
|Breakfast (8:00 – 9:00 AM)||Pearl Millet flour, Beaten Rice, Broken wheat, 2 Bread Slice, Plain Dosa, Idli, Boiled egg, Vegetables Oats Upma, Low- fat milk, etc.|
|Lunch (12:00 – 1:00 PM)||Chapati( Blende flour, Corn flour), Veg Pulav Rice, Salad, Dal, cabbage Sabji, Fish curry, Low- fat curd, Boiled Chana, Beans curry, etc|
|Evening (4:00 – 4:30 PM)||Light tea, Biscuits, Seasonal Fruits: Apple, Watermelon, tangerine, Bhel, wheat rusk, Green gram sprouts|
|Dinner (8:00 – 9:00 PM)||Chapati, Vegetables, Salad, Half a cup cooked beats, Ridge guard, Mix veg curry, etc.|
Overall, Diabetes does not have to be a fatal diagnosis. The research and clinical studies show that lifestyle is the solitary & most essential factor in the development of diabetes, and it is, therefore, never too late to try a new – and practical – approach. The systematic structures and processes in the human body if streamlined and optimized, the blood sugar levels get in control. Say goodbye to the Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes and live a Happy Healthy Life.
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
Top 15 Foods for Type 1 and Type 2 DIABETES – EXCELLENT BLOG 🙂